(As Never Seen On David Letterman)
Dave Bertolini, Managing Principal of People and Processes, Inc. , says if your organization has heard one or more on this top 10 list, it’s time for more cross-training among your maintenance and operations team members.
- If a little grease is good isn’t a lot better?
- Honest I’ll enter in the parts taken as soon as the line is running again.
- Can you fix it now; it’s only a 10-minute job?
- I can fix just about anything with this adjustable wrench.
- I’m not sure what happened. I only turned that a little before it started smoking like that.
- Must be attributed to poor maintenance (as heard from operations).
- Must be attributed to improper operation (as heard from maintenance).
- Haven’t we done this job before? Sure wish we had entered Work Order information to gain a better understanding of how to do it again.
- Maybe if we run the line a lot faster we can still meet the production target (as heard from operations).
- Maybe if they let us have the line routinely we could keep it running routinely (as heard from maintenance).
Author Dave Bertolini is Managing Principal of People and Processes, Inc.