Electronic learning methodologies are gaining momentum, even in traditional academic sectors, creating a situation in which individuals can advance their skills in convenient, intuitive ways. A recent Technavio study found that the eLearning sector is set to experience rapid revenue increases as more organizations embrace the methodology for a variety of purposes.
Considering the scale of eLearning advances
According to the study, global revenues in the eLearning sector will increase at a compound annual growth rate of approximately 17.81 percent over the period of 2016 to 2020.
Technavio attributes the rapid advance of eLearning to three key factors:
- It is cost-efficient.
- It allows students to manage their own learning curves.
- It can support learning across a wide range of subject matters.
Using eLearning to drive advances in manufacturing
Manufacturers are currently facing a period of major technological innovation. The idea of a fourth industrial revolution has been gaining momentum as robotics, the Internet of Things and widespread network connectivity transform operations across the manufacturing sector. A few vital implications of Industry 4.0 include:
- A need to mitigate risk while dealing with innovation that will happen more quickly than manufacturers have ever seen, according to a Project Syndicate report.
- Demand to drive efficiency while integrating robots into industrial operations: Daily Mail reported that while robots will likely initially threaten jobs, they will eventually lead to major efficiency gains as human workers build on what robots are able to accomplish.
- Requirements to adapt to sweeping changes may be impossible to keep up with from a political and regulatory perspective, a Voice of America report explained, pointing to ideas from World Economic Forum founder Klaus Schwab.
Widespread innovation in industrial settings has fueled updates to industry codes, and more changes will likely be on the horizon as Industry 4.0 takes hold. Your staff must be equipped to keep up with these demands, and eLearning tools can offer flexible options and help them keep up with changing requirements without disrupting your operations.