ControlLogix programmable logic controllers are emerging as next-generation solutions that drive major efficiency gains in industrial settings. Learning the nuances of these systems can give manufacturers an edge. A few especially noteworthy attributes of ControlLogix systems include:
- The architecture allows for integration of control disciplines through a common software tool set and hardware platform.
- The system is capable of running at three to four times the speed of a PLC 5 controller for typical ladder applications.
- The solution allows for programming through relay-ladder logic, structured text, function block and SFC languages.
- Communications are possible through Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, integrated Sercos motion and analog motion.
The ControlLogix PLC platform has begun to emerge as the future of the PLC sector, and RedVector offers a full suite of coursework to help organizations get their staff up to speed on how to use the technology. Key material covered in the course includes:
- An introduction to basics.
- Programming training.
- Exposure to project structures.
- Insights into communications configurations.
- Training in hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting.
Check out our Youtube video for a close look at how ControlLogix systems are transforming PLC functionality. Plus, preview our industrial training courses to learn to take full advantage of the technology.